Karen brings on board a wealth of experience in the project management, with excellent skills in administrative and financial management. She holds a Bachelor of Commerce (Finance Option) Degree from Kenyatta University, Kenya, and is currently finalizing her MA in Project Planning and Management at the University of Nairobi. She is also pursuing professional courses that will lead to qualification as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – Kenya.
Karen has close to seven years’ experience in management of projects. Prior to joining EANBiT, she worked as the Project Officer with the Adaptation for Food Security and Ecosystem Resilience in Africa (AFERIA) project and was previously the Project Assistant with the Climate Change Impacts on Ecosystem Services and Food Security in Eastern Africa (CHIESA) project, both at icipe.
Her responsibilities in EANBiT include:
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress, involving all partners and relevant stakeholders
- Manage the relationship with partner institutions
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure that all EANBiT activities are delivered on-time
- Ensure resource availability within the Secretariat and partner institutions
- Coordinate the preparation, review and submission of quarterly and annual technical and financial reports in a timely way
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation and communication tools